Love of Cooking
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Garlic Roasted Mashed Potatoes
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
A delectable complement to the classic side dish.
|3 heads garlic|
|Olive oil, for roasting potatoes|
|3 lb golden potatoes, quartered, skin on|
|1 stick butter, cubed|
|1/2 cup heavy cream|
|Salt, to taste|
|Freshly ground pepper, to taste|
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Cut out three small sheets of aluminum foil.
- Peel papery coating off garlic. Cut off the tops of garlic.
- Place one head of garlic in the center of each aluminum foil. Pull side up to make a bowl. Pour a small amount of olive oil over the garlic. Close up foil and seal shut.
- Place garlic into the oven. Roast for 30-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Separate cloves of garlic. Place the garlic cloves in a small bowl. Using a fork to mash the garlic until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the potatoes in a pot of salted water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook the potatoes for 12-15 minutes, until fork tender. Drain water.
- Place the potatoes into a large mixing bowl. Add the cubed butter and garlic to the potatoes. Using a hand-held masher to mash the potatoes. Add heavy cream to the potatoes. Use a hand mixer to blend until potatoes are smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
|Cooking Method:||Roast, Boil|
See Other Recipes Like This
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >
Incredibly delicious recipes that don't let you down!
Healthy is easy when you have fantastic recipes to follow. Check out these 5 meals that fill you up with naturally tasty ingredients. You won't find any deep fried, artery clogging dishes here, just wholesome, health conscious entrees that put nutrition first. There's a little something for everyone here, from a veggie baked ziti to a broiled salmon with tomatoes. Every recipe is low in fat but high in flavor! View Recipes >