Prices are in local currency and exclude any applicable taxes and fees. Prices shown on our website are the online prices for the items at the time you access our website and place your order. These prices may: (i) vary from current prices in-store; (ii) exclude any discounts, promotion or offers currently available in-store; and (ii) vary from in-store prices at the time of pick-up. Prices online are subject to change at any time without notice. In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price due to typographical, electronic or other error, we reserve the right to refuse or cancel the order (or any part thereof) regardless of any order confirmation. We are unable to accept food stamps and any third-party coupons (printed or digital) for online orders. Promotions, discounts and/or offers available in-store may not be available for online orders.
Orders, Cancellations and Modifications
- Orders for pickup in-store must be made not less than 24 hours ahead of the pickup time
- All orders placed online are subject to our acceptance. Your receipt of an order confirmation does not constitute our acceptance of your order or an offer to sell. We reserve the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline the order without liability to you or anyone else.
Variable Weight Items
- Catering & Holiday Menu Orders: Items sold by weight will be processed in-store. The total at checkout is an estimated total. When you pick up your order in-store, you will be charged for the actual weight of the item you receive.
A credit card is required for online orders and a temporary charge will be automatically placed on your credit card. For Catering & Holiday Menu Orders, if your order does not include any variable weight items and you complete your purchase online, you will be charged the total at checkout. If your order includes variable weight items, you will be charged the price for the actual weight of the item you receive at pickup. The total at pickup may differ from the estimated total for your online reservation to reflect variable weight items, items requested by you that are not found online, any items on sale in-store on the day of pickup, and any substitutions.
Product Information Disclaimer
Any special diet and nutritional information we provide is for educational purposes only. Actual product packaging and materials may contain additional and/or different ingredients, nutritional or proper usage information than the information displayed on our website. You should not rely solely on the information displayed on our website and you should always read labels, warnings and directions prior to using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. The information provided on our website should not be relied upon to make health-related decisions. Piazza’s Fine Foods and our product manufacturers, distributors and suppliers do not assume any liability for inaccuracies, misstatements or omissions.
Last Updated: February 24, 2021
This Privacy Notice applies to information we collect when you use https://piazzaslovesfood.com/ and any other websites, mobile applications (“app(s)”), or services that post a link to this Privacy Notice (collectively, the “Service”). This Privacy Notice describes how Piazza’s Fine Foods (“Company,” “we,” or “us”) collects, uses, and shares Service-related information about you. Except where expressly stated otherwise, this Privacy Notice does not apply to information or data about you collected as received outside of the Service except to the extent it is combined with information or data collected by us via the Service.
By using our Service, you agree to our Terms of Service and consent to our collection, use and disclosure practices, and other activities as described in this Privacy Notice.
- California-Specific Disclosures
California customers, please see the “Additional Disclosures for California Customers” for more information about how we collect, use, and share your personal information and the rights you have with respect to your personal information.
Collection of Information
- Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us via the Service, such as when you register, create an account profile, subscribe to our emails, mobile messages, push notifications, or social media notifications, post on our forums or blogs, participate in a sweepstakes, contest, promotion, survey, or poll, communicate with us, shop our online store, order physical or digital gift cards, request customer support, apply for a job or otherwise communicate with us through the Service.
The types of information we may collect include Personal Information/Personal Data. “Personal Information/Personal Data” is information that can be used to identify you (whether alone or in combination), such as your first and last name, email address, zip code/post code, billing address, shipping address, phone number, payment card information, user name and password, photo, and any other personally identifiable information you choose to provide. It also may include sensitive information, such as health and family information. As permitted by applicable law, unless otherwise provided in this Privacy Notice or in our statements at the point of collection, (i) non-Personal Information/ Personal Data (“non-personal information”) may be used and shared without obligation to you; and (ii) Personal Information/Personal Data may be de-identified or otherwise made into non-personal information. We may give you the opportunity to provide us with information about you, your family and your interests in your account profile and otherwise, which if not linked to your Personal Information/Personal Data would be non-personal information. However, to the extent we combine this with your Personal Information/Personal Data collected via the Service, we will treat that combined data as Personal Information/Personal Data under this Privacy Notice.
- Information We Collect Automatically
We, our service providers and Third Party Services (defined below) may automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use our Service. This information, which may in some cases be considered Personal Information/Personal Data under applicable law, may include demographic information; IP address; browser/device/hardware type; operating system characteristics; information about your use of our Service; and data regarding network connected hardware (e.g., computer or mobile device), such as unique device identifiers, type, model, version, MAC address, device or session ID, error related data status, capability, confirmation, functionality, performance data, and connection type. This information may also include clickstream data, which is information about the page-by-page paths you take as you browse through the Service.
The methods that we, our service providers and Third Party Services may use to automatically collect such information in connection with our Service include:
- Log Information: Information about your use of our Service, such as the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the referring link through which you accessed our Service.
Cookies are data files that are placed on a computer when it is used to visit a website. These cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, tracking user preferences or web pages visited while using our Service. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies, but note that doing so does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Service. For more information about disabling flash cookies, see http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Service. For example, cookies allow us to store items in your cart between visits. In addition, please be aware that if you choose to block or delete cookies, some advertising preferences that are dependent on cookies may not be able to be respected.
- Web Beacons
Small graphic images called web beacons, also known as “Internet tags” or “clear gifs,” in our web pages and email messages. We may use web beacons or similar technologies for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count the number of visitors to our Service, to monitor how users navigate the Service, and to count how many emails that we sent were actually opened or how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts
An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service. It is temporarily downloaded onto your computer from our web server or a third party with whom we work, is active only while you are connected to the Service, and is deleted or deactivated thereafter.
- Location-identifying Technologies
GPS (global positioning systems) software, geo-filtering and other location-aware technologies locate (sometimes precisely) you, or make assumptions about your location, for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting content based on your location. If you have enabled GPS or use other location-based features on the Service, your device location may be tracked. Our store finder feature may access and use information about your device location (such as based on IP address), or your account information, to suggest appropriate store locations.
Collection and analysis of information from your device, such as, without limitation, your operating system, plug-ins, system fonts, and other data, for purposes of identification and/or tracking.
- Device Recognition Technologies.
Technologies, including application of statistical probability to data sets, as well as linking a common unique identifier to different device use, which attempt to recognize or make assumptions about users and devices (e.g., that a user of multiple devices is the same user or household)(“Cross-device Data”).
- In-App Tracking Methods
There are a variety of Tracking Technologies that may be included in mobile applications, and these are not browser-based like cookies and cannot be controlled by browser settings. Some use device identifier, or other identifiers such as “Ad IDs” to associate app user activity to a particular app and to track user activity across apps and/or devices.
Information we automatically collect about you, such as how you interact with our Service, may be combined with your Personal Information/Personal Data. To the extent we associate any such automatically-collected information with Personal Information/Personal Data about you collected via the Service, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information/Personal Data under this Privacy Notice.
We, our service providers and other third parties may associate Tracking Technologies with your device when you visit the Service that permits tracking of your online activities across time and different services, and associate different devices you use, for purposes including to send you product promotions that are aligned with your purchase trends and/or interests identified through automatically-collected information. See the “Advertising & Analytics Services and Online Tracking” We are giving you notice of the Tracking Technologies and your choices regarding them so that your consent to encountering them is meaningfully informed.
- Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information about you (such as email, address, demographic information and Cross-device Data) from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you. To the extent we receive information about you from a third party source and we combine the information we receive from these third party sources with your Personal Information/Personal Data we collect via the Service, we will treat that combined information as Personal Information/Personal Data under this Privacy Notice. We are not responsible for the accuracy of the information provided by third parties or how such third parties collect, use and share such information.
- Advertising & Analytics Services and Online Tracking
This means that some information about your browsing of the Service and certain third party locations and services may be shared with these companies for the purpose of delivering content, offers and ads to you on the Service and certain third party locations and services, and Piazza’s Fine Foods may receive from some of these companies information about third party locations and services that you have visited and other information about you, including Cross-device Data. This information may be used for marketing purposes and the practice is sometimes termed “interest-based advertising” or “retargeting” to indicate that information from one retailer is used to suggest to you relevant products offered by another retailer. We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on other websites or platforms. We may also use this data to provide you with more relevant content and offers on our Service and in our communications to you.
These and other third parties may also collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our Service.
The descriptions of our data practices in this Privacy Notice do not cover any third party activities or third parties’ use of information that such third parties themselves may have collected from you (e.g., type of browser, operating system, domain name, day and time of visit, page(s) visited, Cross-device Data, etc.) or the methods used by the third-parties to collect that information (e.g., cookies, web beacons and clear gifs). Some third parties, however, may offer you choices regarding their Tracking Technologies. We are not responsible for third party choice notices or mechanisms. For specific information on some of the choice options offered by third party analytics, data and advertising providers,
Note that your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, Piazza’s Fine Foods currently does not alter its practices when it receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Use of Information
We may use your Personal Information/Personal Data for various purposes, including to:
- Facilitate and improve your online experience;
- Process your registration with our Service, including verifying that your email address(es) are active and valid;
- Manage your online account(s), including purchases, orders, payments, returns, exchanges, and forum and blog posts;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, coupons, newsletters, rewards and events and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to manage or opt out of these communications, please see the “Your Choices” section below).
- Improve our Service or other Piazza’s Fine Foods websites, mobile applications, marketing efforts, products and services;
- Personalize your online experience and provide advertisements, content or features that match your profile and interests;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- Process and deliver contest, promotion and sweepstakes entries and rewards;
- Process and track your redemption of digital coupons and associate those redemptions with your account;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Contact you regarding your use of our Service and, in our discretion, changes to our policies;
- Provide you with notices related to our Service and other Piazza’s Fine Foods websites, products and services;
- Conduct research and analysis, including focus groups and surveys, on our Service and other web Piazza’s Fine Foods sites, products and services;
- Prevent fraudulent transactions and monitor against threats;
- Carry out any other purpose to the extent not prohibited by applicable law and not inconsistent with our statements disclosed elsewhere in this Privacy Notice or at the time you provide your Personal Information/Personal Data; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
In our sole discretion, we may also use aggregated and other non-personal information as permitted by applicable laws.
Sharing of Information
Our agents, vendors, consultants and other service providers (“service providers”) may have access to, or receive from us, your Personal Information/Personal Data, and other information about you, to carry out work on our behalf; however, we do not authorize our service providers to use your Personal Information/Personal Data for any purpose other than to provide this assistance.
In addition, we may share Personal Information/Personal Data about you as follows:
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in response to i) subpoenas or other legal process or if in our good faith opinion such disclosure is required or permitted by law; or (ii) at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation;
- To defend the Terms of Service or other policies applicable to our Service;
- To protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us or any third party;
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we may also use IP addresses, mobile device identifiers or any other information we collect to identify users, and may do so in cooperation with copyright owners, Internet service providers, wireless service providers or law enforcement agencies in our discretion. As permitted by applicable law, such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you;
- With our affiliates for their business purposes;
- Your redemption of digital coupons with our suppliers;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale (including a liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession), lease, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition of all or any portion of Piazza’s Fine Foods assets, financing, disposal, conveyance or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- To Third Party Services that interact with our Service, in connection with such interactions;
- For other purposes to the extent not prohibited by applicable law and not inconsistent with our statements disclosed elsewhere in this Privacy Notice, or at the time you provide your Personal Information/Personal Data; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
In our sole discretion, we may also share aggregated and other non-personal information as permitted by applicable law.
Information You Disclose Publicly or to Others
The Service may permit you to submit ideas, photographs, user profiles, writings, music, video, audio recordings, computer graphics, pictures, data, questions, comments, suggestions or other content, including Personal Information/Personal Data (collectively, “User Content”), such as on blogs and forums, and in association with your account and user profile. We or others may store, display, reproduce, publish, distribute or otherwise use User Content online or offline in any media or format (currently existing or hereafter developed) and may or may not attribute it to you. Others may have access to this User Content and may have the ability to share it with third parties. Please think carefully before deciding what information you share, including Personal Information/Personal Data, in connection with your User Content. Please note that Piazza’s Fine Foods does not control who will have access to the information that you choose to make public, and cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect your privacy or keep it secure. We are not responsible for the privacy or security of any information that you make publicly available on the Service or what others do with information you share with them on the Service. We are not responsible for the accuracy, use or misuse of any User Content that you disclose or receive from third parties through the Service. We are not responsible for User Content you submit to Third Party Services via our Service.
Third Party Services
The Service may contain hyperlinks to other websites or locations, including the career, gift card and online shopping sections of our Service, and plug-ins (e.g. Social Features discussed in the next section), third party Tracking Technologies and other third party applications and content made available on or via our Service, that are operated by third parties (“Third Party Service(s)”). We make no representations and accept no responsibility or liability regarding the policies or business practices of such Third Party Services and encourage you to familiarize yourself with their privacy policies before accessing them or otherwise providing them with your Personal Information/Personal Data. In some cases we and Third Party Services may each post terms and policies on a Third Party Service, in which case our terms and policies govern us and the Third Party Service operator’s terms and policies govern them.
Except to the extent we combine information we receive from Third-Party Services with Personal Information/Personal Data we ourselves have collected via the Service, data obtained by us from a third party, even in association with the Service, is not subject to our limitations regarding Personal Information/Personal Data under this Privacy Notice, however such data remains subject to any restrictions imposed on us by the third party, if any. Otherwise, the information collected, stored, and shared by third parties remains subject to their privacy policies and practices, including whether they continue to share information with us, the types of information shared, and your choices on what is visible to others on Third Party Services. You should read the privacy notice of each Third Party Service as these Third Party Services may use their own cookies, web beacons and other Tracking Technology to independently collect information about you. In addition, these Third Party Services may solicit Personal Information/Personal Data from you.