Love of Cooking
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
My Recipe Box
May We Recommend
Baja Fish Tacos with Cabbage Slaw
My Shopping List
+ Add to Shopping List
Bake, Broil or Grill?
My Recipe Box
Brown Sugar Bourbon Ham
Rate this Recipe
Serves 10 |
A delectable centerpiece for an Easter feast.
|1 spiral sliced ham, 8 lb.|
|1/4 cup brown mustard|
|2 cup dark brown sugar|
|2 oz. bourbon, poured into a spritz bottle|
|2 cups crushed ginger snap cookies|
- Heat oven to 275° F.
- Remove ham from bag, rinse and drain thoroughly. Place ham, cut side down, in a roasting pan.
- Tent the ham with heavy duty foil. Cook for about 4 hours.
- Remove the ham from the pan.
- Increase oven temperature to 325° F.
- Dab the ham with paper towels. Brush on a liberal coat of mustard. Sprinkle on brown sugar, packing loosely as you go until the ham is coated. Spritz a generous layer of bourbon on top, then loosely pack on as much of the crushed cookies as you can.
- Place the ham back into the pan and cook for an additonal 25 minutes.
- Remove ham again from the pan, tent the roast with aluminum foil and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. View Recipes >