Love of Cooking
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Hot Italian Antipasto
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
Incredibly flavorful and easy to enjoy.
|1 lb. Italian meatballs|
|1 lb. sweet Italian sausage links|
|2 green peppers|
|8 cloves garlic|
|1/2 lb. button mushrooms|
|3 cups marinara sauce|
|2 bay leaves|
|2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped|
- Cook the meatballs until cooked through, preferable in an oven set at 350 degrees F. Place them in a large pot.
- Place the sausages in boiling water and cook for five minutes. Remove them from the water and place under a broiler until browned on two sides.
- When cool, cut into bite-sized pieces and add to the pot. Peel the onion and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Saute the onion in a very hot skillet with a little olive oil until starting to brown. Add them to the pot.
- Clean and cut the peppers into bite-sized pieces and saute them also in a little olive oil until they start to brown and add them to the pot.
- Do the same for the button mushrooms, leaving them whole. Add the marinara, bay leaves and basil to the pot and bring to a simmer.
- Let cook for at least an hour (or more) and either serve or let cool to room temperature and refrigerate.
- Like many dishes of this type, it's usually better reheated the next day.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese and crostini.
|Main Ingredient:||Meatballs, Sausage|
See Other Recipes Like This
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >