Love of Cooking
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
My Recipe Box
May We Recommend
Saucy Baby Back Ribs
My Shopping List
+ Add to Shopping List
Bake, Broil or Grill?
My Recipe Box
Hot Italian Antipasto
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
Incredibly flavorful and easy to enjoy.
|1 lb. Italian meatballs|
|1 lb. sweet Italian sausage links|
|2 green peppers|
|8 cloves garlic|
|1/2 lb. button mushrooms|
|3 cups marinara sauce|
|2 bay leaves|
|2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped|
- Cook the meatballs until cooked through, preferable in an oven set at 350 degrees F. Place them in a large pot.
- Place the sausages in boiling water and cook for five minutes. Remove them from the water and place under a broiler until browned on two sides.
- When cool, cut into bite-sized pieces and add to the pot. Peel the onion and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Saute the onion in a very hot skillet with a little olive oil until starting to brown. Add them to the pot.
- Clean and cut the peppers into bite-sized pieces and saute them also in a little olive oil until they start to brown and add them to the pot.
- Do the same for the button mushrooms, leaving them whole. Add the marinara, bay leaves and basil to the pot and bring to a simmer.
- Let cook for at least an hour (or more) and either serve or let cool to room temperature and refrigerate.
- Like many dishes of this type, it's usually better reheated the next day.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese and crostini.
|Main Ingredient:||Meatballs, Sausage|
See Other Recipes Like This
Treat Dad Like a King!
Show Dad how much he means to you by preparing his all-time favorite foods. View Recipes >
Pack the Perfect Picnic!
Grab your picnic basket and blanket, and get ready for a moveable feast! View Recipes >