Love of Cooking
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Pineapple Bowls with Vanilla Ice Cream
Rate this Recipe
Serves 2 |
A fun recipe with big flavor.
|2 large pineapples|
|Vanilla ice cream|
|Mint leaves, for garnish|
- To make pineapple bowls, set pineapples on their sides then cut in half, crosswise.
- Using only the bottom halves of the pineapples, cut around the inside of the pineapples to the depth that you would like your pineapple bowls to be. Be careful not to cut so deep that that knife goes through the skin to the other side.
- Cut the flesh inside the pineapples into cubes. Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh of the pineapples to enjoy while you continue making your pineapple bowls, or reserve for another use.
- Cut and cube the remaining two top halves of pineapples then store pineapple chunks in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Fill the carved out pineapple bowls with vanilla ice cream then top with mint leaves.
See Other Recipes Like This
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >