Love of Cooking
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
My Recipe Box
May We Recommend
Ginger Beef and Noodle Soup
My Shopping List
+ Add to Shopping List
Bake, Broil or Grill?
My Recipe Box
Rustic Homestyle Stuffing
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
A true old-fashioned favorite.
|1/2 cup unsalted butter|
|1/2 cup chopped onion|
|1 cup chopped celery|
|1 cup shredded carrots|
|1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|8 cups dry bread cubes|
|1/4 cup toasted wheat germ|
|4 Honeycrisp apples, peeled and finely chopped|
|1/2 cup chopped walnuts|
|1/2 cup chicken broth|
- Place butter in a large skillet. Bring to medium-low heat, swirl butter around the bottom to coat. Add onion, celery and carrots, cook until tender, stirring often. Sprinkle nutmeg, salt and pepper over top and stir together. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Place bread cubes in a large mixing bowl. Add wheat germ, chopped apples and walnuts to the bread cubes. Toss together until well incorporated.
- Add the carrot mixture to the bread cubes and stir together.
- Drizzle chicken broth over top and stir until bread cubes are moistened.
- Pour the stuffing mixture into a casserole dish. Cover with aluminum foil and place into the oven. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Let cool slightly before serving.
|Cooking Method:||Stovetop, Bake|
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. View Recipes >