Love of Cooking
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Sweet and Savory Cornbread
Rate this Recipe
Serves 18 |
Classic cornbread with a yummy twist.
|8 1/2 oz cornbread mix|
|2 tablespoons brown sugar|
|1 1/2 cups milk|
|1 cup grated Cheddar cheese|
|10 hot dogs, diced|
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Coat the inside of the muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Mix together brown sugar and cornbread mix in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together milk and eggs until the mixture is smooth.
- Add wet mix to dry mix, sprinkle in cheese and stir together.
- Pour a small amount into each muffin tin, place diced hot dogs in muffin mix and add a little more muffin mix to each tin.
- Place in the oven and bake for 14-18 minutes. Tops should become golden brown.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
What to do with all that turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce?
Here's a few ideas that might help solve the Thanksgiving leftover dilemma. There's a lot you can do with turkey: sandwiches, wraps, tacos. But what can you do with stuffing and cranberry sauce? How about make a sandwich unlike any other. A little bit sweet, a little filling, a whole lotta goodness from the first bite to the last. How about a hearty soup or an everything casserole. View Recipes >