Love of Cooking
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Beer-Simmered Grilled Sausages
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
Grilled sausages have never been tastier.
|3 lb uncooked sausages, your preference|
|1 onion, thinly sliced|
|3 cups beer, more if needed|
|Vegetable oil, for brushing|
|Mustard, for serving|
- Prick each sausage a few times with a fork.
- Arrange onions on the bottom of a large pan. Place the sausages on top and pour beer and water over sausages, enough to cover. Bring pan to medium heat. Poach the sausages until half-cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Brush grill grates with vegetable oil. Lightly brush the sausages on all sides with vegetable oil and place on the hot grill. Cook until the casings are crisp and nicely browned and the sausages are cooked through, about 4-6 minutes per side.
- Transfer the sausages to a plate and let rest for 3 minutes. Serve with mustard and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
What to do with all that turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce?
Here's a few ideas that might help solve the Thanksgiving leftover dilemma. There's a lot you can do with turkey: sandwiches, wraps, tacos. But what can you do with stuffing and cranberry sauce? How about make a sandwich unlike any other. A little bit sweet, a little filling, a whole lotta goodness from the first bite to the last. How about a hearty soup or an everything casserole. View Recipes >