Love of Cooking
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Apple Cranberry Pie
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
This is one delectable pie!
|6 red apples, peeled, cored and sliced|
|2 tablespoons lemon juice|
|1 can cranberry sauce, 14 oz.|
|3/4 cup sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon|
|1/4 teaspoon nutmeg|
|1/4 teaspoon allspice|
|2 tablespoons butter, diced|
|2 pie crusts|
|1 tablespoon water|
|1 tablespoon sugar|
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Place apple slices in a mixing bowl. Drizzle lemon juice over apples. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together cranberry sauce, sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Pour the mixture over the apples and stir to combine.
- Place one pie crust into a pie tin.
- Spoon the apple filling into the pie crust. Arrange diced butter over the top.
- Place the second pie crust over the filling. Cut small vent holes in the top. Pinch the edges of the crust.
- Crack egg into a small bowl. Add water and gently whisk together to make an egg wash.
- Brush the pie crust with egg wash and sprinkle sugar over top.
- Place the pie in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 375° F and bake for an additional 30-35 minutes, until the crust is golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 30 minutes before serving.
|Main Ingredient:||Apple, Cranberry|
See Other Recipes Like This
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >
Incredibly delicious recipes that don't let you down!
Healthy is easy when you have fantastic recipes to follow. Check out these 5 meals that fill you up with naturally tasty ingredients. You won't find any deep fried, artery clogging dishes here, just wholesome, health conscious entrees that put nutrition first. There's a little something for everyone here, from a veggie baked ziti to a broiled salmon with tomatoes. Every recipe is low in fat but high in flavor! View Recipes >