Love of Cooking
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
My Recipe Box
May We Recommend
Baked BBQ Beef Brisket
My Shopping List
+ Add to Shopping List
Bake, Broil or Grill?
My Recipe Box
Easy BBQ Beef Sandwiches
Rate this Recipe
Serves 12 |
A classic sandwich that’s super easy to make.
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 onion, chopped|
|1 can whole tomatoes, 28 oz.|
|1 bottle barbecue sauce, 18 oz.|
|3 lb. chuck roast, trimmed|
|Salt, to taste|
|Fresh ground black pepper, to taste|
|12 hamburger buns|
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven set over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion; cook for about 5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add tomatoes; coarsely chopping as you add to pot.
- Increase heat to medium high, add barbecue sauce, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chuck roast. Bring to a low simmer. Cover and cook for about 3 hours, until meat is very tender. Stir occasionally while roast cooks.
- When roast is very tender transfer to a large bowl or plate. Using two forks shred or separate the meat into small pieces. Set aside.
- Increase heat to medium or medium-high and reduce the liquid in the Dutch oven, stirring often, until thick.
- Put meat back in Dutch oven; stir. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Serve on hamburger buns.
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. View Recipes >