Love of Cooking
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Chicken Cordon Bleu Burgers
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Specialty taste made right at home.
|2 teaspoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling|
|4 slices Canadian bacon|
|2 lb ground chicken breast|
|2 teaspoons sweet paprika|
|2 teaspoons poultry seasoning|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 teaspoon pepper|
|1 shallot, finely chopped|
|4 deli slices Swiss cheese|
|2/3 cup mayonnaise|
|3 tablespoons Dijon mustard|
|4 sprigs tarragon, chopped|
|4 Kaiser rolls, split and toasted|
|1 tomato, thinly sliced|
|Lettuce, for topping|
- Preheat grill pan to medium high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil and Canadian bacon. Warm bacon and caramelize it at edges, 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a piece of foil. Fold foil over loosely to keep warm.
- Combine chicken, paprika, poultry seasoning, grill seasoning, shallot. Score meat with the side of your hand to separate into 4 equal amounts. Make 4 large patties, 3/4 to 1 inch thick. Drizzle patties with oil and place on hot grill pan, griddle or in skillet. Cook 5 minutes on each side, until chicken is cooked through.
- Top patties with reserved cooked Canadian bacon and Swiss cheese. Fold each slice of cheese in half to fit the burger. Cover loosely with tin foil. Turn off pan and let cheese melt, 2 minutes.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, tarragon. Slather Kaiser roll tops with sauce. Place Cordon Bleu burgers on bun bottoms and top with lettuce and tomato. Place tops on burger and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >