Love of Cooking
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Pear and Apple Streusel Pie
Rate this Recipe
Serves 1 pie |
A fantastic Fall dessert that's perfectly sweet.
|6 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces|
|1 1/2 cups flour|
|1/3 cup plain yogurt|
|1/3 cup flour|
|1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats|
|1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|3 pears, peeled and sliced|
|3 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced|
|1/3 cup sugar|
|2 tablespoons cornstarch|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
- In a large bowl, add butter to flour and mix until crumbs form. Add yogurt and toss with a fork until dough can be gathered into a ball. Press into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- To prepare topping, combine flour, oats, and brown sugar. Add butter and mix until coarse crumbs form. Set aside.
- To prepare filling, combine pears, apples, sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out chilled dough to a 12-inch wide circle. Fit dough into a 9-inch pie pan. Trim excess dough, leaving a 1-inch overhang; flute edges. Spoon filling into crust; sprinkle with topping.
- Place in oven and bake for 50-60 minutes, until crust is golden. Place on a wire rack and let cool completely.
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >
Prepare a Special Meal for Your Sweetheart
Worried about Valentine's Day dinner? Are you making your sweetheart a special dinner? What will you make? Here are a few recipe ideas to get you started. From main courses to a dessert and cocktail. View Recipes >