Love of Cooking
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
My Recipe Box
May We Recommend
Homemade Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal
My Shopping List
+ Add to Shopping List
Bake, Broil or Grill?
My Recipe Box
Sausage Subs with Peppers and Onions
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Skip the sub shop and make them at home.
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|6 sweet Italian sausage links|
|2 red bell peppers, sliced|
|2 yellow onions, sliced|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon dried oregano|
|1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves|
|4 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 tablespoons tomato paste|
|1 cup Marsala wine|
|1 can diced tomatoes, 15 oz.|
|6 sub rolls, split|
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the sausages and cook about 7-10 minutes, until evenly browned. Remove sausages from the pan.
- Add peppers, onions, salt, and pepper to the pan and cook about 5 minutes until, just tender. Add the oregano, basil, and garlic and saute for about 1 minute longer.
- Add the tomato paste, wine, tomatoes, and chili flakes, if using. Stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- While the sauce is simmering, cut the sausages into 6 pieces each. Add the sausage back to the pan, and continue to cook until the sauce has thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon sausage and sauce onto sub rolls and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. View Recipes >