Love of Cooking
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Sausage Subs with Peppers and Onions
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Skip the sub shop and make them at home.
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|6 sweet Italian sausage links|
|2 red bell peppers, sliced|
|2 yellow onions, sliced|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon dried oregano|
|1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves|
|4 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 tablespoons tomato paste|
|1 cup Marsala wine|
|1 can diced tomatoes, 15 oz.|
|6 sub rolls, split|
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the sausages and cook about 7-10 minutes, until evenly browned. Remove sausages from the pan.
- Add peppers, onions, salt, and pepper to the pan and cook about 5 minutes until, just tender. Add the oregano, basil, and garlic and saute for about 1 minute longer.
- Add the tomato paste, wine, tomatoes, and chili flakes, if using. Stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- While the sauce is simmering, cut the sausages into 6 pieces each. Add the sausage back to the pan, and continue to cook until the sauce has thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon sausage and sauce onto sub rolls and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >
Prepare a Special Meal for Your Sweetheart
Worried about Valentine's Day dinner? Are you making your sweetheart a special dinner? What will you make? Here are a few recipe ideas to get you started. From main courses to a dessert and cocktail. View Recipes >