Love of Cooking
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Corn
Rate this Recipe
Serves 12 |
A sweet and salty treat that is perfect for sharing.
|2 bags popped popcorn|
|3 tablespoons butter|
|2/3 cup packed brown sugar|
|2/3 cup light corn syrup|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 cup creamy peanut butter|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1 cup honey roasted peanuts|
|2 cups peanut butter chips|
|1/2 tablespoon shortening|
|2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips|
- Preheat oven to 250° F. Grease two large baking sheets with cooking spray. Place popcorn in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Bring the pan to a boil, stirring constantly. Let boil 3 minutes without stirring. Remove the pan from the stovetop, stir in peanut butter and vanilla extract. Pour over popcorn and mix to combine.
- Spread popcorn evenly into the greased baking sheets. Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove the baking sheets from the oven. Stir in peanuts and let cool.
- Combine peanut butter chips with vegetable shortening in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave 2 minutes or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Drizzle over popcorn and toss to combine. Melt the semisweet chips in the same manner Drizzle melted chocolate over popcorn.
- Place pans in refrigerator until chocolate has hardened. Break into small pieces.
See Other Recipes Like This
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >