Love of Cooking
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cream Cheese Crescent Cookies
Rate this Recipe
Serves 60 |
They may be small but they're big on flavor.
|3 1/2 cups flour|
|1 teaspoon baking powder|
|1 cup butter|
|8 oz cream cheese|
|2 cups sugar|
|1 teaspoon vanilla|
|1/4 teaspoon almond extract|
|Prepared chocolate icing, for topping|
- Combine flour and baking powder in bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese. Add the sugar and beat until fluffy. Add egg, vanilla, and almond extract. Beat together well.
- Gradually add flour mixture beating after each addition. Divide dough into three balls. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Work dough into long strands. Cut and form crescents. Arrange on ungreased cookie sheet. Place cookie sheets in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool before applying icing.