Love of Cooking
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
My Recipe Box
May We Recommend
Raw Almond Torte Cookies
My Shopping List
+ Add to Shopping List
Bake, Broil or Grill?
My Recipe Box
Pan-Grilled Flatbread Salad
Rate this Recipe
|12 oz. prepared pizza dough, quartered into 3-oz. rounds|
|as needed Olive oil and kosher salt|
|5 oz. mesclun greens or mixed baby salad greens|
|2/3 cup mixed fresh herbs (basil, mint, parsley, tarragon), chopped|
|2/3 cup green onions (with some green), thinly sliced|
|2 tsp. fresh lemon juice|
|1 tsp. Dijon mustard|
|2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil|
|1/4 tsp. kosher salt|
|1/8 tsp. black pepper|
|8 slices oven-roasted Tomatoes, slivered|
|8 oz. fresh Mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes, at room temperature|
- For each fl atbread, heat grill-pan over medium-high heat.
- Roll out 3 oz. dough into 7" round; lightly oil one side of dough and sprinkle lightly with kosher salt. Place on hot grill pan, oiled-side down. Cook until browned on bottom side; fl ip and cook other side, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer pizza to warm oven (225 F.) and hold until ready to serve.
- Combine salad greens, chopped herbs and green onions; set aside.
- For dressing, combine lemon juice, mustard and olive oil. Toss salad mixture with dressing. Season salad with kosher salt and pepper; add more to taste if necessary.
- For each serving, cut one grilled fl atbread into quarters.
- Plate the pieces, spoke-fashion, leaving plate center clear. Add 1 cup salad to center of plate; top with slivered oven-roasted tomatoes and cheese cubes.
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. View Recipes >