Love of Cooking
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
My Recipe Box
May We Recommend
Petrale Sole Meunière
My Shopping List
+ Add to Shopping List
Bake, Broil or Grill?
My Recipe Box
Citrus Steaks with Spicy Orange Sauce
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
A little sweet and a nice spiciness.
|1 lb. beef top sirloin cap steaks, cut 1" thick|
|4 ears sweet corn, in husks|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|1/2 cup plain yogurt|
|1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro|
|1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder|
|Salt, to taste|
- Peel corn, leaving husks attached at base; remove silk. Rewrap corn in husks; tie closed. Soak in cold water 30 minutes.
- Grate 1 teaspoon peel from orange. Squeeze 2 tablespoon juice from orange; set aside. Combine peel, garlic and pepper; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- Remove corn from water. Place on outer edge of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; grill, covered, 20 to 30 minutes (or 15-25 minutes on gas grill) turning occasionally. Place steaks in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 9 to 14 minutes (or 8-12 minutes on gas grill) turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine 2 tablespoons reserved orange juice, yogurt, cilantro and chipotle powder in medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Carve steaks into slices, season with salt as desired. Serve with sauce and corn.
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. View Recipes >