Love of Cooking
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
An old-fashioned favorite that’s perfectly sweet.
|2 1/2 cups pears, (sliced, your preference)|
|2 cups sugar|
|1 stick butter|
|1 teaspoon cinnamon|
|2 teaspoons baking powder|
|3/4 cup flour|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|3/4 cup milk|
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Combine pears with 1 cup of sugar; let stand.
- Place butter in a 2-quart casserole dish then place in the oven until butter is melted.
- In a bowl, combine cinnamon, baking powder, flour, salt, and remaining 1 cup of sugar; mix well.
- Whisk together the milk and egg, then slowly combine with the dry ingredients.
- Pour batter over melted butter but do not stir. Lay pears on top of batter. Do not stir.
- Bake until pears are nicely browned and tender, about 50 minutes.
- Serve cold or hot with ice cream and whipped cream.