Love of Cooking
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
A Mediterranean twist on an Italian classic.
|9 lasagna noodles|
|1 lb. ground beef|
|1/2 cup chopped yellow onion|
|1 package frozen spinach, chopped, 10 oz.|
|1 cup Ricotta cheese|
|1/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese|
|1/4 cup black olives, sliced and pitted|
|3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint|
|1 1/2 cups tomato sauce|
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Grease a medium baking dish with vegetable cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions, but do not add salt. Drain water.
- Meanwhile, spray a medium nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Add beef and onion. Cook, stirring, until browned, about 5 minutes. Place mixture on a paper towel-lined plate; drain.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach, ricotta, feta, olives, and 2 tablespoons mint. Spread 1/2 cup tomato sauce in prepared dish. Top with 3 noodles. Spread some spinach mixture over noodles. Top with some beef mixture. Spoon 1/4 cup tomato sauce over beef mixture. Continue layering with remaining noodles, spinach mixture, beef mixture, and sauce.
- Cover with foil. Bake until filling is heated through, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mint. Serve immediately.
See Other Recipes Like This
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >