Love of Cooking
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
My Recipe Box
May We Recommend
Balsamic Brined Grilled Pork Chops
My Shopping List
+ Add to Shopping List
Bake, Broil or Grill?
My Recipe Box
Easy Cheese Omelet
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
This easy omelet can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
|1/2 cup water|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese|
|Chopped green onions, for garnish|
- Place eggs, water, salt and black pepper into a medium bowl; whisk for about 25 quick strokes to blend without making it fluffy.
- Melt and heat 1 1/2 teaspoons of the butter in an 8-inch nonstick pan.
- Ladle 1/2 cup of the egg mixture into the pan. After about 30 seconds, when egg mixture begins to set around the edges, gently push cooked egg from side of pan toward center with a spatula, allowing uncooked egg to flow to bottom of hot pan. Repeat process for about 1 minute. Cook until omelet is almost set but still creamy and moist on top. Sprinkle top half of omelet with 1/4 cup cheese. With spatula, fold omelet over. Gently shake pan to loosen any egg or filling from edge. Slide omelet onto a plate and keep warm.
- Repeat process until you have made 4 omelets.
- Sprinkle omelets with green onions.
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. View Recipes >