Love of Cooking
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Pork Dumplings with Homemade Dipping Sauce
Rate this Recipe
Serves 60 |
Small package, big flavor.
|1/2 lb. lean ground pork|
|1 cup Chinese (Napa) cabbage, finely shredded|
|1 can water chestnuts, drained and chopped|
|2 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|1/4 cup green onions, chopped|
|2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce|
|1 tablespoon dark sesame oil|
|1 package wonton wrappers|
|2 cups water, divided|
|1/4 cup red wine vinegar|
|1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce|
|2 teaspoon dark sesame oil|
|2 teaspoon ginger, peeled, grated|
- For wontons, In a bowl, stir pork, cabbage, chestnuts, ginger, garlic, onions, soy sauce, and sesame oil together until blended.
- Remove wonton wrappers from package and cover with a damp towel to keep them from drying out.
- Working with one wonton wrapper at time, spoon about 1 teaspoon of filling into the center of each wrapper. Moisten the edges of the wrapper with water then bring 2 opposite corners together, pinching points together to seal. Bring the remaining 2 corners to center, pinching points to seal. Pinch all four corners together to seal. Place the dumpling, pinched side up, on a platter. Repeat procedure with remaining wrappers and filling until 60 dumplings are formed. Spray dumplings with cooking spray.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place 15 dumplings, pinched sides up, in pan; cook until browned, about 30 seconds. Add 1/2 cup water to pan then cover and cook 5 minutes. Uncover and cook 1 minute or until liquid evaporates. Remove dumplings from pan; keep warm. Repeat process with remaining dumplings and water. Serve immediately with dipping sauce.
- For dipping sauce, combine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger in a small bowl; whisk well.
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >
Prepare a Special Meal for Your Sweetheart
Worried about Valentine's Day dinner? Are you making your sweetheart a special dinner? What will you make? Here are a few recipe ideas to get you started. From main courses to a dessert and cocktail. View Recipes >