Love of Cooking
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
My Recipe Box
May We Recommend
Cream Cheese Stuffed Cupcakes
My Shopping List
+ Add to Shopping List
Bake, Broil or Grill?
My Recipe Box
French Harvest Soup
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
hearty, rich and utterly satisfying!
|1 baguette French bread|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|1 clove garlic|
|1 yellow onion, peeled and quartered|
|1 sweet red pepper|
|1 green bell pepper|
|1 head garlic, halved though center|
|3 ears corn|
|2 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and halved|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|Salt and pepper|
|3 cups chicken stock|
|1 tablespoon adobo sauce, from canned chipotle in adobo sauce|
|1/2 pound Gruyere cheese, coarsely grated|
- For Croutons: Preheat oven to broil. Slice baguette into twelve slices. Brush each side with olive oil. Broil croutons for one minute on each side until golden brown. Remove from oven and rub one side with garlic clove. Set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- Place onion, peppers, garlic, corn, tomato, and potatoes on baking sheet. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 40 to 45 minutes or until fork tender. Skin on peppers and tomatoes should be broken and slight charred. Cool. Peel peppers, tomatoes. Squeeze softened garlic from skin. Remove corn kernels from cob.
- Chop vegetables into large chunks and place in large heavy bottom pot. Add enough chicken stock to almost cover vegetables. Add adobo sauce. Simmer until heated through. Strain vegetables from stock.
- Heat oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- Divide vegetables among crocks. Top with two croutons. Add enough broth to come to the top of crock. Cover top of crock with grated cheese.
- Place crocks on baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese is browned and bubbling.
|Cooking Method:||Bake, Broil|
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. View Recipes >