Love of Cooking
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Grilled Salsa Verde Chicken with Pepper Jack Cheese
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Savory and spicy with a little zing.
|4 boneless skinless chicken breasts|
|3 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1 teaspoon cumin|
|2 tablespoons lime juice|
|1 container salsa verde, 12 oz.|
|4 slices pepper jack cheese|
|Fresh cilantro, for garnish|
|Lime wedges, for garnish|
- Place the chicken breasts into a large sealable container. Pour the olive oil over the chicken breasts. Season with black pepper and cumin. Spritz the lime juice over top and pour the entire container of salsa verde over the chicken. Place the lid on the container and seal shut. Toss to coat the chicken.
- Place the container into the refrigerator to marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Place the chicken on the grill and close the lid. Cook for about 5 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 4 minutes with lid closed.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Place one slice of pepper jack cheese on top of each chicken breast. Close the lid, and cook for about 1 minute, until the cheese has melted.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to serving plates. Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.
|Main Ingredient:||Chicken Breast|