Love of Cooking
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Honey Hot Crispy Chicken Sandwich
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
The perfect blend of crispy, sweet, spicy, tender and juicy.
|4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved horizontally|
|Kosher salt, for seasoning chicken|
|1/2 cups buttermilk|
|1 cup flour|
|1 teaspoon baking powder|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1 tablespoon garlic powder|
|2 teaspoons cayenne pepper powder|
|1 teaspoon paprika|
|1 teaspoon chili powder|
|1 cup panko breadcrumbs|
|Vegetable oil, for frying|
|8 hamburger buns, toasted|
|Honey hot sauce, for topping|
|Prepared coleslaw, for topping|
- Sprinkle the chicken with kosher salt on both sides. Place the seasoned chicken into a large bowl and pour buttermilk over top. Let the chicken sit for 30 minutes in the buttermilk.
- Pour the flour, baking powder, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, cayenne, paprika, chili powder and breadcrumbs in a mixing bowl.
- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk, shaking off any excess liquid. Dip the chicken into the flour mixture, getting an even coating. Place the chicken on a cooling rack, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour vegetable oil into a large frying pan, about 3/4-inch deep. Bring to medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, place four pieces of chicken into the oil. Cook on each side for 4-6 minutes, until a golden brown. Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a cooling rack with a pan underneath. Repeat the process with the remaining chicken.
- Place one piece of chicken onto the bottom buns. Liberally drizzle honey hot sauce over the chicken and spoon a generous amount of coleslaw in the center of the chicken. Place the top bun on the coleslaw and enjoy!
|Main Ingredient:||Chicken Breast|
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >
Prepare a Special Meal for Your Sweetheart
Worried about Valentine's Day dinner? Are you making your sweetheart a special dinner? What will you make? Here are a few recipe ideas to get you started. From main courses to a dessert and cocktail. View Recipes >